Saturday, April 5, 2014

15K

So today I ran a 15K, that's 9.3 miles. Going into it my personal goal was going to be to finish in 1 hour & 45 minutes

Here's the breakdown of what happened:

Mile 0-1 - hey, this isn't so bad... But it's a little chilly outside. Oh man, 12/min mile pace, that's not good, oh yea I didn't start at 0 at the start line so I should probably take off 1 minute.

Mile 1-2 - maybe I should've listened to some music! starting to warm up a bit, except I can't feel my chin!

Mile 2-3 - okay, getting into a good pace... Almost finished with the first 5K

Mile 3-4 - oh how I hate this mile, I just have to get past this mile and it will be okay

Mile 4-5 - whew, almost 1/2 there. Okay, mile 5-6 will be a 'run hard' mile! Just pick up the pace for one mile!

Mile 5-6 - okay, time to kick it up a notch for one mile! Ouch, this hurts a little

Mile 6-7 - glad, that's over. Only one more 5K to go, I think I can actually feel my chin again

Mile 7-8 - oy, this is a tough mile to get through too, fatigue is setting in. And do I have to pee... Oh no, I am not using one of those port-a-potty's! I'll just not think about it... Do you wanna build a snowman...

Mile 8-9 - oh crap I think my feet have a mind of their own! My feet just keep moving and my legs are trying to keep up! Almost there!!! I'm getting hungry

Mile 9-9.3 - I see the finish line!!! Kick it into gear!! Oh... Cookies

Official Time: 1:40:31 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment