I have really enjoyed *trying* to keep my pledges this month. They have been a daily reminder of how I can make some minor changes in my life... for the better!
Daily pledges: These went well, there are 2 that I missed one day on, and others that I missed multiple days on. But the ones I am most proud of:
- I am currently on Day 31 of reading through the Bible in a year! I did miss one day, but caught up the next day!
- Brushing my teeth everyday! I have gotten in such a good habit that my mouth feels so gross if I don't do it at least once a day!
- I have not watched a single tv show or movie while at work this month!
Weekly pledges: Well... I hit 50% of them :). I must say that I totally failed the guitar playing as I haven't busted out my guitar once yet this year! I will not give up on that one though... Just not ready for it yet!
Most proud of:
- Working out... I think there was one week I only worked out 3 times, but I forced myself to go on days I didn't want to and that's a big step!
- Turning off the TV! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you are sucked into the TV
Monthly pledges: One that majorly failed and completely regret failing: calling my friends... I don't know why it is so hard for me to pick up the phone and call them, I love them, they are my best friends, but for some reason I can't just pick up the phone to say hello...
Most proud of:
- Currently on Day 31 of no pop!! Oh man... there have been so many cravings though! And I'm pretty sure I'm getting a cherry coke on my way to work tomorrow :)
Now... on to February!
1. Continue to read my Bible daily
2. Pray - this one did not turn out so well last month, I didn't specifically devote time to praying like I wanted to
3. Get up when my alarm goes off!! No more hitting the snooze button!!
4. Adding flossing to my daily brushing routine! (I incorporated this on and off through January, but it's time to do it everyday!)
5. Take a daily picture of Paige to see how she grows this month!
1. Continuing to limit TV to 2 weekdays and limiting time on the weekends
2. No more than 1 pop a week, if that. (I'm not sure about this one yet... this could change)
1. Learn to knit - this will be measured by hopefully knitting a potholder by the end of the month! Maggie Johnson will be helping me with this!
2. Total Money Makeover - Jeremy and I have decided to begin our Total Money Makeover this month, which means a very strict budget!!
3. Read 3 more books - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I Have Loved You: Getting to Know the Father's Heart, and I Want it Now: A Memior of Life on the Set of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
4. Finish the 30-Day Shred... wait, there's only 28 Days in February you say? Haha... I got a two-day head start :) Thanks Krista for joining me in this pledge!
Looking forward to what this month brings!!